something about this just makes me feel old.



i believe in yesterday


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



'you want me to talk about myself, right? let me tell you what "self" means to me. the self, myself, the self as i see it, is composed mainly of selected memories from my history. i am not what i am doing now. i am what i have done, and the edited version of my past seems more real to me than what i am at this moment. i don't know who or what i really am. the present is fleeting and intangible. no one in china wants to talk about his past, because nobody wants to paint his face black. our past is not a flattering picture, and no one wants to look at it for long. yet what we were is fixed and final. it is the basis for predictions of what will be in the future. to tell you the truth, i identify with what no longer exists more than with what actually is.'

-- anchee min, katherine


0 Responses to “i believe in yesterday”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


previous posts


archives


also me