something about this just makes me feel old.



the spectrum of possible outcomes


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



as my final semester begins, i'll be drawing up lists of things to worry about, checking things off, and trying to calm myself. everything always gets done has always been my late-semester mantra, and it has always come true. as it'll all be ending, i imagine i'll have that phrase on my lips for months instead of just those last few weeks.

what happens afterwards is that frightening Future thing, which i've seen work out for some people but not others. i'm not as pessimistic about it as i should be, this being a one-step-at-a-time sort of situation, but i know i'm not heading anywhere particularly glamourous. assuming i can get by, there's the taste for simple pleasures. yesterday i realised that the way my schedule breaks down i'll have almost all day friday open, week after week. when spring comes i want to spend that time down by the water at forest river park. i want to find a pleasant spot and listen alternately to the water and 'a burial at sea.' i want to re-read fathers and crows and beautiful losers and convince myself that, internally, everything will be okay.


1 Responses to “the spectrum of possible outcomes”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Whеn I oгiginally cοmmеntеd I appeаr to have clіcked the -Notіfy me
    ωhen new commеnts are addeԁ- сhеckbox anԁ now whenеver a commеnt iѕ adԁed I reсiеνe four emails with the sаme cоmment.
    Perhaps therе is a ωaу you cаn remove me from that
    ѕervice? Many thanks!

    my weblοg :: cab company euless

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


previous posts


archives


also me