something about this just makes me feel old.



one more for me to send and nothing happens in the end


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



so this is breakup stage me, definitely a difference from yesterday, my mind having been kept running over the weekend by a thought economy equal parts lust and medieval studies, and also a steady market streak of willful ignorance. i knew it was coming. it made sense that it was coming. then, today, there it was. and it's not so bad, not like last time.

funny that this morning i had a sudden surge of what i guess you could call nostalgia for late last summer. and the fall thereafter. and even what came after that. that ended up being more like scorched earth, not like what this will be. it would be senseless to regret anything that took place over the last couple of months. better to sit back and let those experiences weave themselves into memory and out of active service. preserve your memories, they're all that's left you-- but i think i'll cry if i let myself listen to that song again at this temporal proximity. or "america." or...--actually, fuck it, anything simon & garfunkel is out for a while. collateral damage, a shrapnel ricochet into my music library.

and so we move on.


0 Responses to “one more for me to send and nothing happens in the end”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


previous posts


archives


also me