something about this just makes me feel old.



the last thing i read before bed last night


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



"but at last i had a chance to rest, after that long period of strain. i was tired and watned to sleep. i felt that when i woke up the next morning, i would start anew. i would breathe fresh air, and start a day of entirely new experiences. it reminded me of the feelings i used to have when i was younger, like after a big test, or the night after a major school event. i'd always looked forward to waking up the next morning, when a fresh breeze would come to sweep through me, cleansing me. and when i opened my eyes at dawn, i'd feel a glow, a radiant white pearl. i hoped, i nearly prayed, for that to happen again. that night, i believed with the same purity and innocence."

-- banana yoshimoto, "dreaming of kimchee"


0 Responses to “the last thing i read before bed last night”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


previous posts


archives


also me