something about this just makes me feel old.



lame duck period


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



as certain vital dorm appliances and food items disappear with roommates on their way home, we enter and live through another lame duck period on campus, when school is basically over but finals linger for some, logistical details complicate the lives of others, and summer seems only a breath away. i reflected on the year as it was happening, foreseeing clearly the conclusions i'd be making right about now, and for my part i was fairly accurate. last year i was pre-nostalgic as fuck, taking pictures of what the view through my window at bowditch had looked like (though the view was early may through and through, incompatible with various winter memories) but this year i'm eager in all ways but one to get out of here. it's incredibly difficult to not start packing right now, but i have until friday and i need to spread that labour out so i don't condemn myself to boredom. it seems like there are so few things here but the weight will multiply when it's time to move.

and moving: not all the way back to dracut as is customary, whether the physical moving that took place at the end of last year or the emotional re-centering that mid-june entailed back in the days of a lengthy school year, but a few minutes down the road to my new apartment in salem. laura's driving me back to dracut on saturday to gather my books and whatever else i'll need from my room back there to make it home for the hot months, and maybe i'll be getting a car (possibly even sasha!) again, at last. driving around here still carries immense terror value in my eyes, but i'll try to get used to it and become a functional person, as i suppose it's time to do. i hope people will visit.


0 Responses to “lame duck period”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


previous posts


archives


also me