something about this just makes me feel old.



the only thing keeping me dry is


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



two guys walking in the rain today:

guy 1: WET!

guy 2 [chanting]: what's that word i'm lookin' for?

guy 1: WET!

i have an artificial tendency to avoid sentiment, fueled by my actual tendency towards sentiment, which has caused many overly dramatic separations in the past. sara is gone for a few months, then forever; everyone else i'll be missing, it seems more like just forever after thursday. i care more about most people than they do for me, and i care about a lot of people. so maybe it doesn't always seem that way, because of my artificial tendency to avoid sentiment. i let far too many of my connections to other people lapse without a word. which is strange, because what else do we have? step two is basically regretting it forever, but not doing anything about it. i'll assume people don't want to talk if they don't talk first, and assume that if i talk first it will be unwelcome.

if i don't say goodbye, it's probably because i wanted to.


0 Responses to “the only thing keeping me dry is”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


previous posts


archives


also me