something about this just makes me feel old.



my current mood, in poetry (not mine)


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



i never remember holding a full drink.
  my first look shows the level half-way down.
what next? ration the rest, and try to think
  of higher things, until mine host comes round?

some people say, best show an empty glass:
  someone will fill it. well, i've tried that too.
you may get drunk, or dry half-hours may pass.
  it seems to turn on where you are. or who.

-- philip larkin, 'party politics'


0 Responses to “my current mood, in poetry (not mine)”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


previous posts


archives


also me